Battle Harbour - The "unofficial capital of Labrador", a restored fishing village under the curator-ship of Mike Earle, another of our guides. We were visiting Battle Harbour when Jim Payne had his little mishap (his opportunity to "sing with the fishes" <cough>)
- Alex Crosbie - I have *no* idea what this reference means. Can anyone else help out?
- Back Cove - A cove near Battle Harbour
- Zodiac - One of the expedition rafts that we'd use to shuttle back and forth from the Polar Star to the shore.
- Matt - Matthew Swan (his inner French-Canadian name is "Matthieu Canard"). Founder of Adventure Canada, boss of the guides on our expedition, and one of the co-conspirators who helped write "King of the Sea".
- Laurie - Laurie Dexter, our expedition leader
- Tom - Tom Kovacs: actor, singer, Elvis-impersonator, Zodiac driver, computer geek, and songwriter who cut Jim *no* slack during this expedition <grin>
- Martin - Martin Karlsen, owner of the Polar Star, and one of our fellow passengers on this trip.
Return to Newfoundland Circumnavigation Page